Monday, March 23, 2009

What has 2 thumbs and is a bad blogger??? THIS GUY.

So I realize it has been well over a month since my last post, but life has been a little crazy around here. OK, I lied. I'm just lazy. I really haven't had anything interesting to blog about lately. Plus, most of my time has been tied up watching The Office, reading, and playing our new Wii.

Let's start with The Office. Why I didn't listen to everyone who said it was a great show sooner, I will never know. But my gosh... that is some funny stuff. Several people have told me that it is hilarious, so Todd and I attempted to watch an episode maybe a year ago.. and neither one of us laughed. At all. We just didn't get it, I guess. But I happened to be flipping through the channels a while back and gave it another shot... I stumbled across the episode where Michael was trying to give a "hands on" demonstration about depression and tried to trick the office into thinking he was going to jump off the roof, only there was a giant inflatable castle at the bottom to catch him. I watched that and was in tears... whether it was the bourbon or just the show, it doesn't really matter. I was hooked. I have now watched all of Season 1 and about 1/2 of Season 2... so yeah. That's what I've been up to.

Books: I have still been reading The Host by Stephenie Meyer. I bought it over Christmas break, read about 3 chapters and completely lost interest. Then I got bored and picked it up again a few weeks ago and now I can't put it down. I have about 1/4 of the book left. It took me a while to get into it... alien invasions and whatnot. Honestly, I just bought it because it is by the same author as Twilight. I can pretty much sum it up like this: It's like a crack addict trading crack for a few caffeine pills... just not cutting it. But I recently started ordering "gently used" books from Amazon.com. With shipping and handling fees, each book has been from $7-10, which is great. The ones I have received so far are in great condition... I highly recommend it. I bought 4 books last week online for a total of $35, which in some instances is the price of 1 book.

And lastly.... Wii bought a Wii!! haha... I'm so clever. Anyways, most nights you can find us battling it out over a tennis match or bowling game. It's alot of fun.

So, I will really try to not be such a bad blogger from now on. But I'm not promising anything... I believe in keeping low expectations.

P.S.- I went back to the gym today for the first time in months. Then I cried. Maybe I'll talk about that next time.

2 comments:

  1. YES! You have finally realized the greatness that IS the Office! :)

    P.S. Can wii come over and play some wii? And I mean wii as me and Court! haha

    ReplyDelete